We Are Hiring
Politics and Prose Bookstore is looking for an Events Coordinator. This is a full-time (40 hours per week) hourly, non-exempt position that reports to the Events Director. This will be based at the Connecticut Avenue store but will also float to the Wharf, Union Market, and partnered event venues as needed.
The Events Coordinator serves as the foundation of in-store and virtual events execution and management so they must be able to work in each environment. They play a crucial role as the liaison between the events department and the operations staff, as well as interacting with the marketing and programs department regularly.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assist with adult in-person and virtual event related tasks
- Create and maintain event listings for website and internal calendars
- Create and administer virtual events using Zoom and Eventbrite
- Assist with event set-up and take down for in-store events
- Communicate with publicists and authors to coordinate in-person and virtual events
- Monitor and manage the events email inbox
- Assist with books orders and ensure they are available on time
- Maintain events department spreadsheets, documents, and metrics
- Keep track of post-event Will Call and returns to our Connecticut Ave location
- Work on the bookstore sales floor during the holiday season and as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- A cooperative spirit and positive attitude
- Able to work collaboratively and independently
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Flexibility, especially in regards to schedule
- Ability to lift at least 30 lbs.
- Experience with MS Office, Outlook, Google Forms, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Zoom, Eventbrite, Square preferred
Complete and submit the online application and email a resume and a brief introduction to Jobs@politics-prose.com.