Tango Canción: 21 Argentine Tangos for Medium-Low Voice and Piano (Paperback)
This collection of Argentinean tangos for voice and piano offers a cross-section of tango across the ages, from the beginnings, through the Gardel era, the golden age and Tango nuevo (of Piazzolla and others), right up to contemporary compositions; creating a perfect tango concert program.
Whether used within a song recital, as encores, or as music for dance events, the repertoire in Tango canci n is completely versatile and suitable for singers from all backgrounds.
Arranged by the Argentinean composer, pianist and tango expert Juan Mar a Solare, these songs retain an authentic tango sound while making the vocal and piano writing approachable by all---especially those who are not familiar with the repertoire.
- Additional information and performance tips help performers achieve the passion of tango.
- A cross-section of Argentinean tangos from the beginnings up to the present day
- Easier and intermediate-level pieces, with practical piano accompaniments
- Includes introductions to the songs, translations of the lyrics and a guide to pronunciation
- Ideal as a complete concert programme