Singapore Marco Polo Pocket Travel Guide (Paperback)
Marco Polo Pocket Guide Singapore: the Travel Guide with Insider Tips
Explore Singapore with this handy, pocket-sized, authoritative guide, packed with Insider Tips. Discover boutique hotels, authentic restaurants, the city's trendiest places, and get tips on shopping and what to do on a limited budget. There are plenty of ideas for travel with kids, and a summary of all the festivals and events that take place. Let Marco Polo show you all this beautiful city has to offer...
There are only a few cities in the world that offer such variety as Singapore. It is a veritable melting pot of Asian cultures. Why not take a stroll through Chinatown in the morning, be lured by the sounds and tastes of India at lunchtime, and in the evening chill out on Sentosa Beach? With this practical, pocket-sized guide you will experience a tropical island, where epochs and cultures merge. British, Malays, Indians and Chinese live together peacefully in Southeast Asia's world city. With everything from ultra-modern shopping malls to hawkers, winding paths under tropical trees and a cultural palette that is always exciting, Singapore offers the very best of Asia in a confined space... This is Singapore
Your Marco Polo Singapore Pocket Guide includes:
- Insider Tips - we show you the hidden gems and little-known secrets that offer a real insight into the city. Discover where to find Singapore's oldest tailors, and where you can go and see Kumar, the city state's top drag queen.
- Best of - find the best things to do for free, the best 'only in' Singapore experiences, the best things to do if it rains and the best places to relax and spoil yourself.
- Sightseeing - all of the top sights are organized by areas of the city so you can easily plan your day.
- Discovery Tours - specially tailored tours will get you to the heart of Singapore. Experience all the delights of Singapore with these personal tours from breakfast with two 'K-cups' to detours into the Colonial District and Little India, and a look into the cooking pots of Chinatown.
- Singapore in full-color - Marco Polo Pocket Guide Singapore includes full-color photos throughout the guide bringing the city to life offering you a real taste of what you can see and enjoy on your trip.
- Touring App - download any of the Discovery Tours to your smartphone, complete with the detailed route description and map exactly as featured in the guide, free of charge. The maps can be used offline too, so no roaming charges. The perfect navigational tool with distance indicators and landmarks highlighting the correct direction to travel in as well as GPS coordinates along the way. Enjoy stress-free sightseeing and never get lost again
- Street Atlas and pull-out map - we've included a detailed street atlas and a handy, pull-out map so you can pop the guide in your bag for a full-on sightseeing day or head out with just the map to enjoy your Discovery Tour.
Marco Polo was the original, trailblazing tourist. He was born into a wealthy Venetian merchant family in 1254 and at the age of 17 he embarked on an epic journey to Asia, as one of the first westerners to ever visit China. When he returned 24 years later he recorded his extensive travels in a book - publishing possibly the first travel guide ever - and introducing Europeans to Central Asia and China. Marco Polo's travels have since inspired countless adventurers to set off and see the world. Allegedly, Christopher Columbus set off across the Atlantic with a copy of Marco Polo's original book!It is this pioneering spirit that drives us at Marco Polo Travel Publishing to provide you with the best guides, maps and atlases possible - to inspire you to set off on your own adventures and help you travel the world. We offer a wide range of high quality travel publications to over 200 destinations, all written by local and trusted authors. Pocket Guides Compact, colorful guides packed with Insider Tips and a free Touring App.Spiral Guides Itinerary-based guides in a unique, lay-flat spiral bound format. Travel Handbooks Visually inspiring, comprehensive guides offering detailed advice and informative infographics. Travel Journals Beautifully designed travel journals for use on the road. Phrasebooks Pocket-sized and packed with everyday phrases for confident communication. Folded Maps High quality touring maps with innovative Zoom system. City & Holiday Maps Compact, laminated maps with a detailed scale and maximum coverage.Road Atlases Clear, easy-to-read cartography in a handy spiral bound format. marcopologuides.com