I Ching: A Unique Interpretation of The I Ching (Paperback)
The I Ching is based on three simple ideas:
- no situation stays the same for ever
- change is driven by the ebb and flow between extremes
- all change goes through never ending cycles
This book will:
- help you discover where you are in any particular cycle in your life
- show you what to do and when to do it to give the most favourable outcome
- help you learn when not to act, because to act will cause misfortune
- show you what may happen if you follow the advice.
- show you what may happen if you don't
- help you discover more about who you are and why you do things
Michael Doherty has led a very eventful life. A bizarre childhood set the scene for Michael to become a 'Stranger in a Strange Land', an outsider, an observer.After completing his education at a tenth-rate, boys-only private school, straight out of a Dickens novel, where only the maths and sciences were taught, no art, no sport, no physical education, nothing practical, and with almost daily canings for many of the unfortunate pupils, including him, he began his life's journey in this alien land.As a mature student (although some would question the mature part), he obtained a Physics degree.He has worked as a teacher, a soldier, a salesman, and has owned a small manufacturing business, to name just a few. He is now retired, and busier than ever.His interests include writing, blogging, reading, philosophy, psychology, spirituality, self-help, personal development, healing, eastern philosophies especially Taoism, Buddhism and Confucianism, and anything to do with understanding what makes people behave the way they do.He is a lover of language, is occasionally accused of being pedantic, which he doesn't deny, and does admit to being somewhat of a 'Grammar Nazi'His background in Mathematics and Physics, and his studies of Eastern philosophies allow him to be a bridge between these different ways of understanding reality.