Being a Project Leader: Quick Guide to Best Management Practices and How You Can Excel as a Successful Project Manager (Paperback)
75 percent of organizations rank leadership skills as most important for the successful projects-the Project Management Institute
You can make well over $100,000 with experience and leadership-ProjectManager.com
Leading projects is a complex task, and project managers fight on many fronts. Many feel like they're rolling a heavy boulder up a steep hill when dealing with difficult stakeholders and team members.
But what are the secrets of those who always win during meetings? Why servant leaders have so many followers? Which leadership skills are essential for a project manager?
A project manager can achieve a lot-but a project leader with their team shoot goals and create real values.
I've contributed to many projects and discovered that the next level up was in improving my leadership skills. I've seen leaders succeed and fail, and have captured those lessons for you.
This book will reveal:
- 9 leadership areas of a successful CEO and project manager
- How to upgrade interpersonal behavior and communication style
- 6 bulletproof tips to solve complex problems
- How to swim in politics waters
- Turn conflicts to your advantage
- How to build your performing team
- 11 ways to break barriers
- Coaching and mentoring for your team and you
- Servant leadership for a successful project
- Effective delegation of tasks
- How to influence and persuade your stakeholders
- Next level project leadership-discover today's HECG game changers
- BONUS: A negotiation checklist-styles, guidelines, and advanced techniques
Still not sure if you can become a project leader? Here are some concerns that I often hear.
My projects usually fail because of people
That's true. Most projects fail because team members are not motivated to deliver their best, and higher managers are not supportive. This book will guide you through interpersonal skills that are important for project success.
I am not a project manager. Will this help me to achieve my goals?
To achieve your KPIs and goals, you have to assign tasks, monitor their progress, and interact with people. This is called project management. The book will teach you which skills are critical and how to apply them to make your goals a reality.
I struggle with certain soft skills.
Me too-I am not a born leader. However, with the right knowledge and practicing soft techniques, I achieved win-win solutions and a high-performing team. If I could succeed repeatedly, then everybody can, regardless of their limitations.
I have described all the soft skills you will need. You can choose negotiation, active listening, problem solving, or any other skill, follow the instructions and practice it, and your success is inevitable. Once you develop your talent for this, you'll discover whole new worlds opening up for your dream career.
Open the door, and nobody will close it
I believe that your deep desire is to become a project LEADER.