The Principles of Beautiful Web Design (Paperback)
The Principles of Beautiful Web Design is the ideal book for anyone who wants to design stunning websites that provide a great user experience. Perhaps you're a developer who wants to understand how to make your applications more visually appealing, or you're a novice who wants to start on the path to becoming a designer.
This book will teach you how to:
- Understand what makes "good design," from discovery through to implementation
- Use color effectively, develop color schemes, and create a palette
- Create pleasing layouts using grids, the rule of thirds, and symmetry
- Employ textures: lines, points, shapes, volumes, and depth
- Apply typography to make ordinary designs look great
- Choose, edit, and position effective imagery
This easy-to-follow guide is illustrated with beautiful, full-color examples, and will lead you through the process of creating great designs from start to finish.
The fourth edition of this bestselling book has been greatly revised and now features:
- Updated and expanded coverage responsive web design techniques
- A new sample project
- New sections on pattern libraries and how design fits on modern app development workflows
- Common user-interface patterns and resources
Jason Beaird dual-majored in graphic design and digital media at the University of California Florida. When he's not working on websites, he enjoys disassembling electronics and using them in his artwork. Jason writes about his adventures in design and technology on his personal site, jasongraphix.com.James George is a professional web designer from the United States, who is passionate about the field of design. He loves connecting with other designers and developers. James enjoys working closely with clients and businesses to create powerful, beautiful web design solutions.