Flutter Cookbook: Over 100 proven techniques and solutions for app development with Flutter 2.2 and Dart (Paperback)
Discover how to build, scale, and debug native iOS and Android applications from a single codebase using the Dart programming language
- Quickly build and iterate on your user interface (UI) with hot reload
- Fix bugs and prevent them from reappearing using Flutter's developer tools and test suites
- Discover practical recipes for building mobile applications with Flutter
Flutter is an open-source framework for building mobile, web, and desktop apps using the Dart language. With this recipe-based guide, which focuses on robust app design and core principles, you'll learn how to solve cross-platform development issues in a practical way.
The Flutter Cookbook covers error handling and debugging to ensure that your apps run more efficiently. You'll start by setting up Flutter and customizing your development environment. The book will explain the main tasks involved in app development, such as user interface and user experience (UI/UX) design, API design, and creating animations. Later chapters get you up to speed with routing, retrieving data from web services, and persisting data locally. A dedicated section also focuses on Firebase and its machine learning capabilities. The last chapter is specifically designed to help you create apps for the web and desktop (Windows, Mac, and Linux). Throughout the book, you'll find recipes that cover the most important features needed to build a cross-platform application, along with insights into running a single codebase on different platforms.
By the end of this Flutter book, you'll have learned everything you need to be able to write and deliver fully functional apps.
What You Will Learn:
- Use Dart programming to customize your Flutter applications
- Discover how to develop and think like a Dart programmer
- Leverage Firebase Machine Learning capabilities to create intelligent apps
- Create reusable architecture that can be applied to any type of app
- Use web services and persist data locally
- Debug and solve problems before users can see them
- Use asynchronous programming with Future and Stream
- Manage the app state with Streams and the BLoC pattern
Who this book is for: