Dog Training Bible: Everything You Need to Know to Raise the Best Dog Ever from Puppy to Adult Using the Power of Positive Reinforcement (Hardcover)
REVEALED: The Simple, Foolproof Way to Raise the Perfect Dog
Millions of families are already made up of 4-legged friends while others soon will be with the arrival of a new puppy, but...
Do you know the correct behaviors to exhibit towards them? Do you know how to support them in the right way when they are afraid? Have you consistently acted correctly when dealing with their problematic behaviors?
From preparing space in your home to socialization, from positive reinforcement to basic commands such as "Sit," "Stay," "Come," "Leave," and so on, author Sarah (an expert dog behaviorist and trainer with over 20 years of experience) will rattle off every detail you need to know to be fully ready to be the perfect owner by housetraining your dog quickly and easily
This book will be the only guide you will need over the years; in fact, it will accompany you through all these stages of your new best friend's life:
Neonatal period Transitional period Socialization period Test period Teenage years Older years
Here is just a small part of what the book contains:
- Puppy-proofing: preparing all areas of your home to welcome the newcomer
- Fundamentals of training (in all its stages as listed above)
- Crate training and everything you need to know about crates
- Potty training with very important tips on how to create a routine and what the ideal routine is
- The power of positive reinforcement
- Commands: how to establish them and how to improve them over time
- Socialization: both with humans and other dogs
- Behavioral problems: are they automatic or derived from bad behavior? How can you prevent them? How should you correct them?
- Health and well-being: if you want to make sure your dog is always in great health, these are the 5 elements you should NEVER neglect
- Health problems: Need a vet? Find out how to deal with common situations that can arise when your dog is sick And much more
As with humans, education and the basis of impeccable behavior have a firm foundation in the early years of life; proper growth and companionship in the puppy stage are of paramount importance. And if, instead, your dog is already grown, there is always time to catch up and instill stability and serenity into your relationship.