The Bipolar Game Changer (Paperback)
This fresh new take on Bipolar 1 invites you to take control of your life, gamify your existence, and build your understanding of manic episodes and psychosis. No doubt you've heard of recovery, but this book focuses on "Re-Uncovery" or the process to look back and uncover the missing meaning that surfaced while in non-volitional extraordinary states. If you stop and imagine mania as the universes' attempt to gamify you and your life, that you're the main character and your life is up to you, then you can begin to unravel your unique truths. Instead of ignoring and oppressing intense experiences, you're invited to get curious, wonder, and participate in your unfoldment through the alchemy of your aware attention.
You'll discover many new facts that'll help you on your journey, including:
- How to remember many thoughts and perspectives you had in mania and in metamania by reading about lenses and perspectives.
- Seeing that mania is a natural process that is handled and looked upon unnaturally.
- To stop apologizing for the experiences by being shamed by them.
- To be in awe of bipolar and the strength it takes to live it.
- How to feel less alone in some of your "out there" experiences and perspectives.
- How to create safety and social reconnection by making sense of experience.
- To acknowledge how mania affects how we live life moving forward. Managing the increased sensitivity and change in social views and values.
- How to think of this process as a game, because games are fun.
- To use this book to have a dialogue with yourself
In this book, you'll find answers you've been searching for, a new outlook on mania, and plenty of ways to reestablish control of your life.
"A wonderful personal exploration of the tremendous growth potential found within mysterious states of consciousness called mania and bipolar. Andrea Grey's courage to learn from her own suffering has illuminated new pathways out of antiquated medical reductionism. She brings us closer to the day bipolar, psychosis, and schizophrenia join homosexuality and are no longer pathologized as diseases, but welcomed as normal expressions of human diversity. I hope Andrea's book inspires many more like it: we need her vital perspective."
Will Hall, author of the Harm Reduction Guide to Coming Off Psychiatric Drugs, cofounder of Hearing Voices Network USA, and author of Outside Mental Health: Voices and Visions of Madness
"The wisdom within these pages, of the courage and hard graft it takes to own and hone your life as 'trans- conscious', is needed at this time in history like water in a drought."
Katie Mottram, Founder of the Emerging Proud campaign
If you're ready to take your power back and discover the meaning in mania, then don't hesitate. Scroll up and one click buy your copy now