Influence PEOPLE: Powerful Everyday Opportunities to Persuade that are Lasting and Ethical (Paperback)
Would understanding how people typically think and behave beforeyou engage in a difficult conversation, tough negotiation, or make a simple request be helpful? Of course. Brian Ahearn's new book, Influence PEOPLE, explores the science behind the influence process--what drives people to take the actions you want them to take, without manipulation or trickery.
Throughout the book you'll learn how to influence PEOPLE, in the workplace, at home, and in social interactions. This book isn't about changing people's minds or simply convincing them what you want them to do is right. It's much more than that; it's about changing people's behavior. Positive thoughts, and even agreement from others, only go so far--and seldom lead to a change in behavior. This book will help you bridge the gap between good intentions and actions.
With more than 30 years of business experience and 15 years studying the influence process, Brian Ahearn shares with you the good, the bad and the ugly when it comes to moving people to action.
- Tired of hearing prospective clients say they need to "think it over" when you make a proposal?
- Ever leave a situation only to find yourself thinking, "I should have said..."? It does you little good to come up with the right word or phrase after the moment has passed.
- Does trying to gain consensus with your co-workers or team bear a striking resemblance to herding cats?
Here's just a handful of thought-provoking things you'll learn:
- How a major insurance company quickly recovered from a $700,000 mistake using Post It(TM) notes.
- Why J.C. Penney's move to simplified pricing was a disaster despitebeing conceived by some very smart marketing executives.
- How Bernie Madoff "made off" with our money.
- The unrecognized power of saying thanks and responding properly to thanks.
- How persuasion can help double your response rate at half the cost.
Only 20 people in the world hold the Cialdini Method Certified Trainer(R) designation and Brian Ahearn is one of the chosen few. He illustrates the practical application of the principles of influence popularized by Robert Cialdini in his bestselling books Influence: Science and Practice.
After reading Influence PEOPLE, Cialdini wrote: "Influence PEOPLE is a treasure trove of instructive and entertaining personal accounts, informative research results, and extraordinarily useful tips for becoming consistently more influential. It shouldn't be missed."
Dave Lakhani, author of Persuasion: The Art of Getting What You Want and Subliminal Persuasion said: "In Influence PEOPLE, Brian breaks persuasion down into manageable and easy to use chunks that anyone can learn and apply. He takes an idea that can be as complex as you'd like to make it and helps you learn in a fun, easy style."
Don't wait any longer Get your copy of Influence PEOPLE today. You can start applying the strategies immediately and see how seemingly small adjustments to your communications can have outsized impact. It's all about seizing those Powerful Everyday Opportunities to Persuade that are Lasting and Ethical.