Start Finishing: How to Go from Idea to Done (Paperback)
Productivity Meets Purpose—Start Finishing the Work That Matters Most.
How much of your time and attention lately has been focused on things that truly matter to you?
Most people's honest answer is: not enough.
The joy-producing, difference-making ideas are always waiting—for when the time is right, when the current project is over, when there is a little more money. Those ideas are waiting for someday. The trouble is someday never comes on its own.
Start Finishing provides a system for transforming your ideas into projects and shows you how to address the challenges you face by giving each project the time, energy, and attention it needs.
The book will teach you how to:
• Engage the Five Projects Rule to prioritize your daily schedule and be at peace with the work you choose not to do
• Fly through drag points—how to deal with head trash, no-win scenarios, and other people’s priorities
• Overcome cascades, logjams, and tarpits—the three ways projects routinely get stuck
• Chunk, link, and sequence your ideas down to doable parts
• Heatmap your schedule so you do the right work at the right time
• Build your success pack of supporters, guides, peers, and beneficiaries
• Finish strong—celebrate, review, and ride the momentum to your next goal
Start finishing your best work and create your future, one completed project at a time.
Start Finishing received critical acclaim from Publishers Weekly and Kirkus Review, and awards with Independent Book Awards. It also won the cross-category Grand Prize from the esteemed Eric Hoffer Book Award in 2020.
* Includes original contributions from Seth Godin, Susan Piver, Jonathan Fields, James Clear, and many other teachers.