Digital for Good: Raising Kids to Thrive in an Online World (Hardcover)
Kids deserve a better digital future. Help them create it.
When it comes to raising children in a digital world, every parent feels underprepared and overwhelmed. We worry that our children will become addicted to online games, be victims of cyberbullying, or get lost down the rabbit hole of social media. We warn them about all the things they shouldn't do online, but we don't do nearly enough to teach them the skills of digital well-being.
It's time to start a new conversation. In Digital for Good, EdTech expert Richard Culatta argues that technology can be a powerful tool for learning, solving humanity's toughest problems, and bringing us closer together. He offers a refreshingly positive framework for preparing kids to be successful in a digital world—one that encourages them to use technology proactively and productively—by outlining five qualities every young person should develop in order to become a thriving, contributing digital citizen:
- Be balanced: understand when and how much tech use is healthy
- Stay informed: discern between true and false information
- Be inclusive: treat others with respect and kindness online
- Be engaged: use tech to strengthen family relationships and community connections
- Stay alert: exercise caution and create safe digital spaces for others
This practical guide will help parents and children discover the path to becoming effective digital citizens, all while making our online world a better place.