Fodor's New England: With the Best Fall Foliage Drives, Scenic Road Trips, and Acadia National Park (Full-Color Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Whether you want to visit Cape Cod's beaches, eat lobster in Maine, or ski in Vermont, the local Fodor's travel experts in New England are here to help Fodor's New England guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time. This new edition has been fully-redesigned with an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos.
Fodor's New England travel guide includes:
- AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
- MORE THAN 40 DETAILED MAPS to help you navigate confidently
- COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust
- HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS FROM LOCALS on the best sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, performing arts, activities, side-trips, and more
- PHOTO-FILLED "BEST OF" FEATURES on "New England's Historical Sites," "New England's Best Beaches," "New England's Most Picturesque Towns," "New England's Best Seafood Shacks," and more
- TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS including when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local people, politics, art, architecture, cuisine, music, geography and more
- SPECIAL FEATURES on "10 Popular New England Souvenirs," "What to Watch and Read Before You Visit," "Boston's Freedom Trail," "The Mansions of Newport," "Skiing in Vermont," "Hiking the Appalachian Trail," and "Maine's Lighthouses."
- LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE ON: Maine, the Maine Coast, Portland, Vermont, Burlington, New Hampshire, the Berkshires, Boston, Cape Cod, Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard, Rhode Island, Providence, Newport, and Connecticut
Planning on spending more time in other New England destinations? Check out Fodor's Boston, Fodor's Maine Coast, and Fodor's Maine, Vermont, and New Hampshire.
*Important note for digital editions: The digital edition of this guide does not contain all the images or text included in the physical edition.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor's has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. For more travel inspiration, you can sign up for our travel newsletter at fodors.com/newsletter/signup, or follow us @FodorsTravel on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We invite you to join our friendly community of travel experts at fodors.com/community to ask any other questions and share your experience with us