Fodor's Essential Israel: With the West Bank and Petra (Full-Color Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Whether you want to visit Jerusalem's Old City, float in the Dead Sea, or party in Tel Aviv, the local Fodor's travel experts in Israel are here to help Fodor's Essential Israel guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time. This new edition has been fully-redesigned with an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos.
Fodor's "Essential" guides have been named by Booklist as the Best Travel Guide Series of 2020
Fodor's Essential Israel travel guide includes:
- AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
- MORE THAN 40 DETAILED MAPS to help you navigate confidently
- COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust
- HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS FROM LOCALS on the best sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, performing arts, activities, side-trips, and more
- PHOTO-FILLED "BEST OF" FEATURES n "Most Sacred Sites," "Best Museums," and "Israel's Natural Wonders"
- TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS including when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local people, politics, art, architecture, cuisine, geography and more
- SPECIAL FEATURES on "Israel Through the Ages," "Jerusalem: Keeping the Faith," "The Dead Sea, A Natural Wonder," "Masada: Desert Fortress," "The Wines of Israel," and "Jesus in the Galilee"
- LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems
- HEBREW AND PALESTINIAN ARABIC LANGUAGE PRIMERS with useful words and essential phrases
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE ON: Jerusalem, Jaffa, Bethlehem, Tel Aviv, the Dead Sea, Masada, Haifa, Nazareth, Tiberias, the Sea of Galilee, the Golan Heights, Eilat, the Negev, Beersheva, Petra, and more
Planning on visiting other nearby destinations? Check out Fodor's Essential Turkey, Fodor's Essential Greece, and Fodor's Essential Greek Islands.
*Important note for digital editions: The digital edition of this guide does not contain all the images or text included in the physical edition.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor's has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. For more travel inspiration, you can sign up for our travel newsletter at fodors.com/newsletter/signup, or follow us @FodorsTravel on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We invite you to join our friendly community of travel experts at fodors.com/community to ask any other questions and share your experience with us