Hbr's 10 Must Reads on Managing Risk (with Bonus Article Managing 21st-Century Political Risk by Condoleezza Rice and Amy Zegart) (Paperback)
Is your business playing it safe—or taking the right risks?
If you read nothing else on managing risk, read these 10 articles. We've combed through hundreds of Harvard Business Review articles and selected the most important ones to help your company make smart decisions and thrive, even when the future is unclear.
This book will inspire you to:
- Avoid the most common errors in risk management
- Understand the three distinct categories of risk and tailor your risk-management processes accordingly
- Embrace uncertainty as a key element of breakthrough innovation
- Adopt best practices for mitigating political threats
- Upgrade your organization's forecasting capabilities to gain a competitive edge
- Detect and neutralize cyberattacks originating inside your company
This collection of articles includes Managing Risks: A New Framework, by Robert S. Kaplan and Anette Mikes; How to Build Risk into Your Business Model, by Karan Girotra and Serguei Netessine; The Six Mistakes Executives Make in Risk Management, by Nassim N. Taleb, Daniel G. Goldstein, and Mark W. Spitznagel; From Superstorms to Factory Fires: Managing Unpredictable Supply-Chain Disruptions, by David Simchi-Levi, William Schmidt, and Yehua Wei; Is It Real? Can We Win? Is It Worth Doing?: Managing Risk and Reward in an Innovation Portfolio, by George S. Day; "Superforecasting: How to Upgrade Your Company's Judgment, by Paul J. H. Schoemaker and Philip E. Tetlock; Managing 21st-Century Political Risk, by Condoleezza Rice and Amy Zegart; How to Scandal-Proof Your Company, by Paul Healy and George Serafeim; Beating the Odds When You Launch a New Venture, by Clark Gilbert and Matthew Eyring; The Danger from Within, by David M. Upton and Sadie Creese; and Future-Proof Your Climate Strategy, by Joseph E. Aldy and Gianfranco Gianfrate.