Buena Salud Guide to Overcoming Depression and Enjoying Life (Buena Salud Guides) (Paperback)
"In her book, Dr. Jane Delgado inspires us with the stories of men and women who have experienced depression, provides advice we can use for treating and managing it, and challenges all of us to end the stigma associated with this serious disorder."
--From the Foreword by Rosalynn Carter, Former First Lady and Founder, Carter Center Mental Health Program
This authoritative and accessible guide explains everything readers need to know about depression and its many forms. It answers the most asked questions about depression, debunks common myths, offers information on treating and managing this condition, and addresses:
- how to recognize and seek help for depression, including overcoming social and cultural barriers
- the relationship between depression and chronic conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, and arthritis
- Dr. Delgado's 10-point program for good health and emotional well-being
- a quick reference guide to all current treatments, including medications and therapy options
- real-life stories illustrating the differences in how men and women deal with depression
- key questions to ask your health care provider, and advice on choosing a psychotherapist tools for tracking mood, sleep, medication, and physical activity to help treat and manage depression
- best online sources for information in both English and Spanish
A practicing clinical psychologist, Delgado is the author of "The Latina Guide to Health" ("La guia de salud") and the "Buena Salud(TM) Guides" series. She lives in Washington, D.C., with her husband Mark and daughter Elizabeth.