Getting Started with the Uno Platform and Winui 3: Hands-On Building of Cross-Platform Desktop, Mobile, and Web Applications That Can Run Anywhere (Paperback)
Modern application development can be an intimidating and complex topic, especially when you are building cross-platform applications that need to support multiple operating systems and form factors. There are so many options when it comes to frameworks and selecting the right one for your enterprise is critical in delivering a successful product to market. For the developer who has zero experience building apps with Xamarin, UWP, WinUI, or the Uno Platform, this book deconstructs those complex concepts into tangible building blocks so that productivity gains are immediately recognized.
You will start off learning basic concepts and get a bird's-eye view of the enabling technologies to ensure that you feel comfortable with the tools and terminology. From there, you will learn about some of the more popular options in the .NET ecosystem, understand their attributes and shortcomings, and learn why the Uno Platform is ideal for building a cross-platform application that targets Android, iOS, Windows, WASM (Web Assembly), Linux, and MacOS.
Then, you will follow a product release timeline that takes you through building an application, introducing key concepts at every step of the way. Each section of the book is chock full of tips and edge case documentations for the different platforms.
What You Will Learn
- Manage multi-targeting solutions: specifically, how to handle the different project heads
- Effectively write cross-platform software and handle the edge cases of the different platforms
- Understand the fundamentals of working with Uno Platform WinUI apps
- Explore enterprise-grade application architecture using MVVM
- Understand Dependency Injection and how it applies to application architecture
Who This Book Is For
Developers who understand some basics of C# and object-oriented programming