Corpus Linguistics for World Englishes: A Guide for Research (Routledge Corpus Linguistics Guides) (Hardcover)
Corpus Linguistics for World Englishes offers a detailed account of how to analyse the many fascinating varieties of English around the world using corpus-linguistic methods. Employing case studies for illustration of relevant concepts and methods throughout, this book:
- introduces the theory and practice of analysing World Englishes
- illustrates the basics of corpus-linguistic methods and presents the vast World Englishes corpora
- links World Englishes to Learner Englishes and English as a Lingua Franca
- offers practical, hands-on exercises and questions for discussion in each chapter
- provides helpful overviews and course syllabi for students and instructors.
Corpus Linguistics for World Englishes is key reading for advanced students of English as a World Language and Corpus Linguistics, as well as anyone keen to understand variation in World Englishes with the help of corpus linguistics.