Food Regulation: Law, Science, Policy, and Practice (Hardcover)
Provides both students and professionals with up-to-date coverage of US food regulatory law
Food Regulation: Law, Science, Policy, and Practice presents an in-depth yet accessible account of all key aspects of United States food regulation. Using a modified casebook format, this comprehensive textbook introduces readers to the case law and statutory scheme of food regulation, defines the inspection authority and enforcement tools of various regulatory agencies, discusses current and emerging public policy issues, and more. Readers explore a wide range of topics in food law, science, policy, and practice; which connect legal theory to practical application.
The third edition is fully updated to reflect significant changes in US food law, such as the regulations implementing the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and the National Bioengineered Food Disclosure Standard. New case studies and discussion questions highlight important legal trends, policy debates, and application of current law. Offering thorough, highly practical coverage of food regulatory law, this authoritative volume:
- Features new and updated material on US food law, including recent regulations concerning novel food processing
- Covers requirements of food labeling, advertising and health claim guidelines, regulation of US food imports and exports, and international food law
- Discusses important topics such as food defense, regulation of biotechnology, ethical issues, product liability, food safety rules, and substantiation of health claims
- Includes a brief history of food regulation and an overview of US government agency organization and jurisdictions
- Contains problem exercises covering different aspects of food law designed to strengthen critical thinking
Food Regulation: Law, Science, Policy, and Practice, Third Edition, remains the ideal textbook for undergraduate and graduate courses in agriculture, food science, dietetics, law, and regulatory compliance management. It is also a must-have reference for food scientists, attorneys, researchers, quality assurance and regulatory specialists, and other industry professionals responsible for complying with US food regulation.