The Joy of Leadership: How Positive Psychology Can Maximize Your Impact (and Make You Happier) in a Challenging World (Hardcover)
The difference between flourishing and floundering is 10X. The difference between quantity and quality is a factor of 10. The difference in levels of engagement is exponential. People functioning at the highest level are what the authors call 10x leaders. Research on these leaders consistently brought up five major strengths. This book teaches readers to become a 10x leader using these five key areas, the SHARP framework.
● Strengths 10X leaders stop trying to eliminate weaknesses and learn to focus on their strengths
● Health 10X leaders stop trying to eliminate stress and learn how to integrate periods of restoration
● Absorption 10X leaders stop waiting for the lightning of focus and creativity to strike and learn how to achieve consistent engagement and presence
● Relationships 10X leaders stop trying to exert power and control and learn to cultivate healthy relationships through positivity and authenticity
● Purpose 10X leaders stop grinding out tasks and learn how to find meaning and commitment in everything they do
The 10X elixir of peak performance comes not from focusing on just one of these areas, but from learning to light the fire of all five aspects of SHARP and functioning naturally with them on a daily basis. If you just cultivate one or two aspects of leadership skills you are unlikely to succeed. If one of the five isn't taken care of it affects the performance of the whole. But if you focus on all five areas, you will not only be more likely to find what helps you most, you have the best chance of enjoying the synergy of performance multiplication.