Introverts: Leverage Your Strengths for an Effective Job Search (Hardcover)
>> Readers' Favorite 2018 International Book Award Winner
- Endorsed by HR Managers, Recruiters, Coaches & Employment Counsellors -
Do you find difficult to find the job you want? And build a rewarding career?
The tips and strategies from this practical book help introverts shift the perception from feeling a victim to creating a strategy mix that meets the employer midway, while staying true to their introverted nature. It also encourages the readers to become project managers of their own job search project and make it more effective by using their strengths.
What's inside the book?
- 167 introvert strengths and how to apply them in job hunting, to tap into the hidden job market and increase the chances to stand out.
- Real examples of successful introverted job-seekers, Linkedin for job hunting, resume & interview tips and 21 job search strategies fitting introvert's personality.
- Self-reflection exercises to help readers understand the weakest aspects of their job search process, and how to strengthen them.
Who could benefit from this book?
- Introverts willing to find the desired job and build a rewarding career
- Students preparing to enter the job market
- Recruiters, Career Coaches, Employment Counselors
- HR Professionals and Hiring Managers, to tap into introverts' power to achieve better results
- Parents of introverted students
- Anyone else interested in learning new job strategies to accelerate the job hunting process.
Why was this book written?
Throughout her 10 years experience in coaching and employment counseling, the author noticed that introverts feel more challenged when it comes to job hunting. Being an introvert herself (who successfully navigated several career transitions: engineering, IT, coaching, business, leadership), she wants to help other introverts become more successful in a professional world that seems more impressed with the extroverted behavior.
"I've had some incredible personal growth from this book. The patterns that emerged from the exercises are enlightening. I'm finally saying 'enough is enough'. I have to stop going for the money and get a job that will energize instead of draining me. Without this book, I'd probably go back to the same bad-fit, stress-filled, long-commute type of job. So a heartfelt thank you " A.B.
"Introverts, take notice This book gives practical advice about how to prepare for, and sail through, the r sum -writing and interview process, without pain or dread. As an introvert who has learned how to deal successfully with the world at large, I wondered what this book might have to offer me. As it turns out, a lot." Margalo Eden
"A hands-on book with excellent exercises that really answers your questions about your aptitudes, capabilities, strategies and most importantly your career. Very well structured, each chapter complementing the other offering more pieces to the puzzle in a unique and efficient way. I wish someone taught me these strategies in high school: what works, what doesn't, what is a great fit for each individual personality. What I learned helped me tremendously with my job search: I applied a few strategies that were best suited for me, and ended up obtaining that great job " Natalia Bantiuc