Switchers: How Smart Professionals Change Careers -- And Seize Success (Hardcover)
Are you stuck in an unsatisfying job or feel like you're in the wrong profession? An industry that just isn't a fit? Don't just settle but succeed in the right career
Get unstuck and land a new career--one you're genuinely passionate about. Switchers helps you realize that dream. Written by celebrated career coach and psychologist Dr. Dawn Graham, the book provides proven strategies that will get you where you want to go.
The first step is to recognize that the usual rules and job search tools won't work for you. Resumes and job boards were designed with traditional applicants in mind. As a career switcher, you have to go beyond the basics, using tactics tailor-made to ensure your candidacy stands out.
In Switchers, Dr. Graham reveals how to:
- Understand the concerns of hiring managers
- Craft a resume that catches their attention within six seconds
- Spotlight transferable skills that companies covet
- Rebrand yourself--aligning your professional identity with your new aspirations
- Reach decision-makers by recruiting "ambassadors" from within your network
- Nail interviews by turning tough questions to your advantage
- Convince skeptical employers to shelve their assumptions and take a chance on you
- Negotiate a competitive salary and benefits package
Packed with psychological insights, practical exercises, and inspiring success stories, Switchers helps you leap over obstacles and into a whole new field. This guide will help you pull off the most daring--and fulfilling--career move of your life