Styling Beyond Instagram: Take Your Prop Styling Skills from the Square to the Street (Hardcover)
Professional stylist, Robin Zachary, explains how to choose which type of prop styling is best for your goals: tabletop, food, crafts, events, soft goods, interiors, and more.
- How to create client questionnaires and win jobs
- Best processes for estimating your costs and pricing your services
- How to choose props, surfaces, and backdrops
- How to arrange objects to tell a story or sell a product
- The logistics of photo shoots
- How to craft an environment to exhibit a specific theme and cohesive style
- How to advocate for yourself in negotiating with clients
- How to photograph and film
- Networking tips and how to promote yourself and your business
The styling resources section provide key tools: checklists, schedule plans, helpful forms, and more to help you work like a pro. Plus, tips and suggestions from a range of successful professional and emerging stylists.
This comprehensive, zingy guide to the business of prop styling helps newcomers skip over some first-timer failures and approach styling work professionally.