Drawing and Painting Beautiful Flowers: Discover Techniques for Creating Realistic Florals and Plants in Pencil and Watercolor (Paperback)
In Drawing and Painting Beautiful Flowers, discover how to draw flowers such as cosmos, hibiscus, canola, lily of the valley, hydrangea, foxglove, and more from various angles, and learn about perspective and shading. Once you have the skills to draw a single flower, learn how to draw groupings and wreaths. Mix in leaves and smaller flowers to create a variety of looks.
Then, learn simple techniques to add luscious watercolor, using shading, blending, and gradient techniques for eye-catching results.
Popular Instagram artist Kyehyun Park shares her secrets for capturing realistic flower, leaf, and plant shapes. Artists of all levels love drawing and painting nature, and with these techniques they’ll confidently render lifelike botanicals in an array of lovely palettes.
The book also includes:
- Ideas and techniques for drawing and painting charming potted plants
- Instructions for drawing and painting smaller flowers, buds, and branches
- Watercolor techniques showing how to expertly blend colors, use brush strokes and brush pressure to create various shapes, and how to use color to shade and highlight
- Warm-up exercises that help develop skills
- Simple methods for understanding perspective and composition, making it effortless to draw flowers from different angles
Kyehyun Park was born and raised in South Korea. After receiving her bachelor’s degree in graphic art, she worked as a graphic designer in South Korea and New York City. She completed her master’s degree in animation at Academy of Art University, majoring in 3D environment modeling. She has created illustrations for Hyundai Motor America’s Santa Fe and Tucson social media campaigns, and in 2019 she became a licensed designer with the French décor company Lilipinso. Since 2017, Kyehyun has been posting her drawing and watercolor flower painting tutorials on Instagram to her large platform of followers, and teaching watercolor classes in Los Angeles, where she lives.