- Download and install the free software for creating iOS apps
- Use Xcode to manage project assets, test apps, and package binary files
- Implement standard iOS elements and behaviors for familiar Apple mobile user experiences
- Enhance your app designs with HTML5 and CSS3
- Build a foundation for designing web apps that can be delivered to other smartphones and mobile devices
Kristofer Layon is a designer, design educator, and product manager who lives in Minneapolis, MN. He currently focuses on mobile design for the web, and user experience and product design for iOS and Android applications. Kris has been a graphic designer since 1993 and a web designer since 1996. Since then he has designed web sites for engineers, urban planners, city governments, artists, musicians, retailers, the National Park Service, and over thirty higher education clients. In addition to designing web sites, Kris has taught graphic design and typography in the University of Minnesota's College of Design, where he was also an academic advisor for two years. Kris was also the founding director of MinneWebCon, Minnesota's Web Conference, from 2008-2011. Kris has a Master of Fine Arts degree in interactive design and a bachelor of arts degree in German and pre-architecture. He is a member of AIGA -- the Professional Association for Design, the HighEdWeb Association, Design Research Society, and Minnesota Interactive Marketing Association. His work has won design awards from the AIGA and the Society of Marketing Professional Services (SMPS), and his early adoption of web video was featured on Apple's web site in 1999.