Twelve Women of the Bible Study Guide: Life-Changing Stories for Women Today (Paperback)
Their stories are not fairytales, their road was not easy, and their examples are not perfect. They lived in times and places quite different than ours. Yet they hold up a mirror to our souls that can help us better understand our own story. And in doing so, we find freedom to come to God as we are, with total transparency--honest and real.
In this twelve-session small group journey (DVD/video streaming sold separately), taught by six acclaimed Bible teachers--including Lysa TerKeurst--you will meet a group of women in the Bible whose lives teach us about ourselves and about who God is. You and your group will open yourselves to the raw and revealing stories of frailties, struggles, brokenness, and victories of real women from both the Old and New Testaments.
You'll discover lessons from each of these 12 women that will help you:
- Apply biblical lessons to your own modern-day struggles.
- Persevere through your failures and accept your successes.
- Draw near to God in a world filled with trials.
- Find lasting contentment in every situation.
- Overcome rejection and insecurity.
- Eve: Finding Lasting Contentment in the Truth (Lysa TerKeurst)
- Rebekah: Breaking Free of Feminine Stereotypes (Jonalyn Fincher)
- Leah: Overcoming Rejection and Insecurity (Naomi Zacharias)
- Hannah: Surrendering in Waiting (Amena Brown)
- Abigail: Dealing with Confrontation in Relationships (Elisa Morgan)
- Gomer: Learning to Accept Unconditional Love (Jeanne Stevens)
- Mary, Mother of Jesus: Moving from Comfort to Courage (Jeanne Stevens)
- Mary Magdalene: Transforming from Outcast to Follower (Jonalyn Fincher)
- Mary of Bethany: Putting Our Faith into Action (Elisa Morgan)
- Martha: Finding Our Identity in Jesus (Amena Brown)
- The Woman at the Well: Turning Our Messes into Messages (Lysa TerKuerst)
- The Syrophoenician Woman: Approaching God with Persistency and Boldness (Naomi Zacharias)
Designed for use with the Twelve Women of the Bible DVD (9780310691624), sold separately.