DK Eyewitness Tokyo (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
A city that blends tradition seamlessly with the ultra-modern, Tokyo promises serene shrines and peaceful zen gardens one minute and futuristic skyscrapers, rowdy karaoke bars and neon-lit arcades the next.
Our newly updated 2023 guide brings the Japanese capital to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights and advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the city’s iconic buildings and neighborhoods. DK Eyewitness Tokyo is your ticket to the trip of a lifetime.
Inside DK Eyewitness Tokyo you will find:
- A fully-illustrated top experiences guide: our expert pick of Tokyo’s must-sees and hidden gems
- Accessible itineraries to make the most out of each and every day.
- Expert advice: honest recommendations for getting around safely, when to visit each sight, what to do before you visit, and how to save time and money.
- Color-coded chapters to every part of Tokyo, from Shibuya to Shinjuku, Roppongi to Harajuku.
- Practical tips: the best places to eat, drink, shop and stay.
- Detailed maps and walks to help you navigate the region country easily and confidently.
- Covers: Central Tokyo, Northern Tokyo, Western Tokyo, Beyond the Centre.
Touring the country? Try our DK Eyewitness Japan. Want the best of Tokyo in your pocket? Take our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Tokyo.
About DK Eyewitness:
At DK Eyewitness, we believe in the power of discovery. We make it easy for you to explore your dream destinations. DK Eyewitness travel guides have been helping travelers to make the most of their breaks since 1993. Filled with expert advice, striking photography and detailed illustrations, our highly visual DK Eyewitness guides will get you closer to your next adventure. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations, from pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides. Named Top Guidebook Series at the 2020 Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards, we know that wherever you go next, your DK Eyewitness travel guides are the perfect companion.
DK Travel's highly visual guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips and tours to inform and enrich your trip.
Our travel writers report on what to see, eat, drink and do around the world, while the very best photographs and illustrations bring cities, regions and countries to life. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations around the world, from handy pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides.
DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.
"Known… for its four-color maps, photos and illustrations, the [DK] Eyewitness Guides are extremely user-friendly for travelers who want their information delivered in a concise, visual way." — Chicago Tribune
"The best option… Color photos, maps, and diagrams bring the place to life." — The Philadelphia Inquirer