DK Eyewitness Boston (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Whether you want to admire the city’s skyline from Back Bay Fens parkland, follow the footsteps of America’s forefathers on Boston’s Freedom Trail, or indulge in fresh lobster cooked by an innovative chef, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Boston has to offer.
Boston is a city that seamlessly looks to the future while preserving its history, where red-brick landmarks stand alongside glamorous glass and steel skyscrapers and a vibrant student scene thrives at long-established universities. In the midst of all this, an array of impressive museums, cutting-edge theaters, and beloved sports venues offer ample entertainment.
Our updated and redesigned 2023 guide brings Boston to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights and advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the city's iconic buildings and neighborhoods. DK Eyewitness Boston is your ticket to the trip of a lifetime.
Inside DK Eyewitness Boston you will find:
- A fully-illustrated top experiences guide: our expert pick of Boston’’s must-sees and hidden gems.
- Accessible itineraries to make the most out of each and every day.
- Expert advice: honest recommendations for getting around safely, when to visit each sight, what to do before you visit, and how to save time and money.
- Color-coded chapters to every part of Boston, from Beacon Hill to Charlestown, Seaport to Cambridge.
- Practical tips: the best places to eat, drink, shop and stay.
- Detailed maps and walks to help you navigate the region country easily and confidently.
- Covers: Beacon Hill and the Theater District, North End and Charlestown, Old Boston, Seaport, and the Waterfront, Back Bay, South End, and the Fenway, Cambridge, Beyond Boston.
Touring the region? Try our DK Eyewitness New England. Want the best of Boston in your pocket? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Boston.
About DK Eyewitness:
At DK Eyewitness, we believe in the power of discovery. We make it easy for you to explore your dream destinations. DK Eyewitness travel guides have been helping travelers to make the most of their breaks since 1993. Filled with expert advice, striking photography and detailed illustrations, our highly visual DK Eyewitness guides will get you closer to your next adventure. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations, from pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides. Named Top Guidebook Series at the 2020 Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards, we know that wherever you go next, your DK Eyewitness travel guides are the perfect companion.
"Known… for its four-color maps, photos and illustrations, the [DK] Eyewitness Guides are extremely user-friendly for travelers who want their information delivered in a concise, visual way." — Chicago Tribune
"The best option… Color photos, maps, and diagrams bring the place to life." — The Philadelphia Inquirer