The Dangerous Book for Boys (Hardcover)
The bestselling book—more than 1.5 million copies sold—for every boy from eight to eighty, covering essential boyhood skills such as building tree houses*, learning how to fish, finding true north, and even answering the age old question of what the big deal with girls is—now a Prime Original Series created by Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad) and Greg Mottola (Superbad).
In this digital age, there is still a place for knots, skimming stones and stories of incredible courage. This book recaptures Sunday afternoons, stimulates curiosity, and makes for great father-son activities. The brothers Conn and Hal have put together a wonderful collection of all things that make being young or young at heart fun—building go-carts and electromagnets, identifying insects and spiders, and flying the world's best paper airplanes.
Skills covered include:
- The Greatest Paper Airplane in the World
- The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World
- The Five Knots Every Boy Should Know
- Building a Treehouse*
- Making a Bow and Arrow
- Fishing (revised with US Fish)
- Timers and Tripwires
- Baseball's "Most Valuable Players"
- Famous Battles-Including Lexington and Concord, The Alamo, and Gettysburg
- Spies-Codes and Ciphers
- Making a Go-Cart
- Navajo Code Talkers' Dictionary
- Cloud Formations
- The States of the U.S.
- Mountains of the U.S.
- The Declaration of Independence
- Skimming Stones
- Making a Periscope
- The Ten Commandments
- Common US Trees
- Timeline of American History
*For more information on building treehouses, visit www.treehouse-books.com and www.stilesdesigns.com or see “Treehouses You Can Actually Build” by David Stiles.
Hal Iggulden is the artistic director of the Holdfast Theatre Company in Leicester, England.